At Super Spaces we offer the best-insulated garden rooms on the market. We achieve this by building our insulated garden rooms out of Structurally Insulated Panels (SIPs).
What are Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS)
Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs) are high-performance building materials leading the way in the construction industry. They’re commonly used in self-build and new build homes, as well as in roofs, flooring, and extensions.
Structural insulated panels (SIPs) are lightweight and durable prefabricated panels that are constructed using laminated high-density facings sandwiching an insulated foam core. This results in a flexible building solution that can be used in floors, walls, and roofs for both residential garden rooms and commercial garden offices.
Structural insulated panels contain carbon-treated Polystyrene (PUR) sandwiched between two layers of Oriented Strand Board (OSB) which gives the panels a high level of structural strength and insulation. PUR achieves a BRE Green Guide rating of A+ (taking into account whole lifecycle impact) and is widely used throughout the construction industry as an insulant.
A standard SIPS panel can achieve u-values from 0.21 down to 0.13 depending on the thickness of the panels we use in your garden room.
The Benefits of Structural Insulated Panels
Using Super Spaces SIPS panels to build our garden rooms means:
- Construction times are shorter and labour costs are cheaper
- SIPs panels can reduce installation time by up to 60%
- SIPs roof structures do not require roof trusses, this creates an open and habitable warm room in the roof.
- A SIPs structure is a lightweight shell and therefore does not require a heavy foundation design.
- A SIPs structure is pre-engineered off-site to avoid both the additional labour and the ever-increasing cost of the safe disposal of waste materials.
- Insulation is built into SIPs panels, negating the need to install further insulation during the construction process
- SIPs negate the need for bricklayers or masons
- Heating costs are much lower
- Unbeatable insulation value means energy costs can be reduced by up to 50% over conventional construction
- SIPs create an airtight structure with no heat loss or condensation
- Manufacturing is greener
- Waste from creating SIPs can be recycled
- 50% less raw timber is needed to manufacture SIPs than with conventional timber frame structures
- The core insulation is polyurethane foam (PUR) which is CFC and HCFC free and has an ozone depletion potential of zero.
- SIPs are even the panel of choice for structures built in the Antarctic!
Super Spaces garden rooms are made from structurally insulated panels (SIPs) which means they are fully insulated to provide you with a comfortable temperature all year round. To find out more about structurally insulated panels click here – SIPS Panels
Contact Super Spaces
Super Spaces offer a professional and bespoke garden building service made with SIPS panels throughout Sussex and Kent. We will work with you to create a bespoke garden building that is just right for your personal or business needs and your garden and can be used all year round.
Contact us today on 01825 872847 to find out how Super Spaces can transform your professional and personal life by supercharging your garden space.
Or why not come and visit our garden office showroom located in Hailsham, East Sussex – Super Spaces Showroom